Recent Posts

Sunday, October 24, 2021

Falling In Love (Pt.3)

 

After that unique interaction in the main hall, we didn't get a chance to talk anymore.
My days went by normally and I only saw you in passing in the school corridor.
.
Then, on my birthday, Ryan tapped my shoulder.
"Charles asked me to give you this," he said, pulling out a box with a red ribbon.
It's a birthday present. No note or anything, just a winter Teddy bear.
.
.
During recess, I went to your class. A winter Teddy bear in my arms. 
I saw you walking out of the classroom. "Thanks for the birthday present," I said.
"You're welcome," you replied.
"But why are you giving me a present?" I asked. We're not even that close-- I said to myself.
"Didn't you ask for it?" you answered with a half laugh.
My face turned red. I ran back to my class.
.
.
I remembered a few days earlier you smiled at me in the corridor.
When we passed each other, I said to you, "It's my birthday soon. Don't forget to give me a present."
.
I felt so stupid.
I thought there was a special meaning behind the winter Teddy bear.
But there was only me humiliating myself.

0 comments: