Recent Posts

Thursday, September 3, 2020

Backstage


In no way do I feel that I’m as good as Shakespeare or Hemmingway. But well, it might be interesting to know where my inspirations come from.
.
Tiny bits of my writings do came from personal experience. However, most of the time, it comes from imagination.
.
The piece called ‘Falling in Love’ was written when a drummer of a band I used to listen to was jailed for drug misuse. The title and content of the piece was inspired by their songs.
.
‘Shiver’ was inspired by a Coldplay song with the same title.
.
‘Antagonis’ was inspired by a conversation I had with my husband. It made me wonder how an antagonist must be feeling. Was an antagonist born bad? Or did their circumstances change them? I think it must have been really sad and lonely because the society decided to put a terible label for them, sometimes without trying to know their stories.
.
‘Red Queen’ was inspired by the death of Sulli - a kpop star. Sulli was friend with IU, and their fans thought Red Queen was written by IU for Sulli (in addition to Peach).
.
‘Lavender’ was written right after I watched a documentary about Princess Diana.
.
‘Sorrow’ was inspired by SHINEE Jonghyun’s suicide.
.
‘Promise Her the Moon’ was written based on a song with the same title.
.
Yeah, so that’s a glimpse of this blog’s backstage— which is my brain, lol.
I have a lot of fun writing here. And the thought of no-one-is-reading really makes me at ease. I can really write with no burden or anxiety of anyone’s judgement. It is very liberating.
.
Thank you dear, Blog! I hope you will stay lowkey forever ❤️

0 comments: